Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A poem for the naive

A poem for the naive

Hmmm? You expect me to wait for you?

For two whole years?

You love me even though we’ve known

each other for only one week?

Marriage, you say?

I’m not into that kind of commitment yet.

Please wait, let me figure out my feelings

Don’t try to rush things

Your naivety serves no purpose in a relationship

It only pushes me further

Why do you do this to me?

What can you gain from rushing things like this?

You’re suffocating me...

with those impossible child-like dreams

of your fantasies that can’t come true

until we get to know each other better

Awww, how sweet of you to say such a thing

I’m sorry, I can’t reciprocate those feelings

Why are you crying?

Do you want me to lie?

Because then you’ll hear everything

that your little heart desires.

But here take this poem

that I wrote just for you

A poem for the naive

Just like you

No comments: