Monday, June 29, 2009

Mannequin

You stand there pale and cold as frost
I'm on my knees, warm and flush
Pouring my heart and soul out to you
Confessing the many years of my love for you
Yet you stand there frozen in an unsympathetic daze
Not caring for one word that I give willingly to you
"What are you?" I ask when you don't respond
How could you forsake my feelings and just stand there in devilish silence?
Not a word comes from your mouth as I shout in your face
You stand still and steadfast as though I have become some invisible entity
Stuck in that pose of antipathy
You wear those clothes as if...
as if...
You were not a man
But some doll
A mannequin of sorts
I stop in reazisation and you walk away
No sound coming from your feet as they hit the ground
The color faded from your figure
Looking as if you were not breathing at all
I see now that I was a fool
to ever fall in love with you
You were never the man of my dreams
Just the mannequin of my nightmares
Someone who doesn't care for the world or anyone in it
A lifeless vessel set on this earth to tear me asunder

No comments: